The dream of living and working abroad has become common among many skilled professionals in India. On the contrary, many countries face a severe shortage of skilled workers across several industries. This labor shortage presents a fantastic opportunity for individuals seeking ways to settle abroad.
More often than not, Indian professionals face a lot of hassle when applying for a work visa in Europe. It is mainly because of the extended process, not having a job offer, and many other unreasonable visa requirements. However, in this article, we have listed some European countries where you can get a job seeker visa effortless and build your career there.
Thanks to the job seeker visa scheme, people can now aspire to migrate to countries like Sweden, Germany, Austria, etc. Let’s talk about them in detail:
What is a job seeker visa?
As the name suggests, a job seeker visa allows a non-EU national to look for a job in the host country for a limited period. Once they have an employment contract, they can switch this visa into a work/residence permit to legally work in the country. The eligibility requirements may vary from country to country but often require applicants to show proof of an advanced degree, settlement funds, and health insurance coverage.
Job Seeker Visa- Your Gateway to a Global Career
The job seeker visa program comes with a package of benefits to applicants. To start with, it allows a foreign national to explore the job market of a specific European country. It helps them build their professional network, attend job interviews, meet potential employers, and even attend job fairs to increase their chances of landing a promising job. Additionally, successful candidates can switch their job seeker visa into a work permit, which may lead to a permanent settlement in the country.
The programs provides an ideal platform to non-EU citizens to explore the European job market, culture, and lifestyle before deciding to make it their next home. The job seeker visa category acts as a bridge for skilled professionals to integrate into the European job market through their knowledge and talent. Which is why so many individuals consider this program as a first step towards their dream life in Europe.
Countries offering job seeker visas to skilled Indian professionals without a job offer
Austria runs its job seeker visa scheme for skilled non-EU workers planning to move to Austria. The Austria job seeker visa program is designed for high-skilled individuals, such as scientists, academic researchers, and STEM professionals who wish to live and work in Austria. The visa holders can enter Austria and search for jobs in their field for six months. After gaining valid employment, the applicant can apply for a Red-White-Red-Card.
Additionally, you need to claim at least 70 points out of 100 to qualify as a highly skilled professional.
Documents required for the process
- Valid passport
- Copy of recent passport-size photographs
- Education related documents
- Health insurance coverage
- Proof of sufficient funds to manage your stay in Austria
- Relevant documents to justify your point score
Germany, known as the economic powerhouse of Europe, offers a job seeker visa to Indians to curb labor shortages. The visa is granted for six months, during which you can enter Germany and look for a suitable job opportunity. To qualify, you must have an advanced degree from a recognized university, sufficient means to support yourself, and comprehensive health insurance coverage. Individuals can apply for work or an appropriate residence permit after getting a valid job offer.
Documents required for Germany job seeker visa
- Copy of a valid passport
- Three passport-size photographs
- Certificates and degrees related to your education
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of sufficient funds in your bank account
- Proof of accommodation in Germany after your arrival and
- A detailed resume/CV
- A cover letter with details about the purpose of your visit, duration, objective, job profile, and steps you will take to find a job in Germany.
- A valid health and medical insurance
The job seeker visa scheme in Sweden attracts a thousands of talented professionals globally. Sweden offers a robust economy and a strong labor market, encouraging foreigners to settle there and build a prosperous career. Just like the other two mentioned-above, the Sweden job seeker visa scheme also allows non-EU nationals to come there and seek job opportunities from three to nine months. The scheme also allows you to explore the possibilities of starting your business in Sweden.
Eligibility criteria include having an advanced degree, health insurance coverage, and enough financial funds to manage your expenses in Sweden.
- Copy of a valid passport
- Academic transcripts
- Documents related to proof of funds
- Health insurance coverage
- A digital copy of a signed letter of consent that gives the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) the right to contact higher education institutions in your home country to verify your educational documents.
Tips for a successful job seeker visa process
You may take note of the following tips while applying for a job seeker visa from India:
- Make sure you have all documents in favor of your application
- Strengthen your knowledge of the job market conditions of your chosen destination.
- Start connecting with potential employers through social media platforms.
- Save as much as you can to show your finances.
- Brush up your language skills- Swedish or German
- Research potential job opportunities available in a specific country related to your domain.
Securing a job seeker can unlock the doors of an international career for Indians, especially those planning to settle in Europe. Additionally, there are many agencies out there ready to help you with your job seeker visa application process. So, wait no more! Grab this opportunity and broaden your professional horizon.